If you are thinking of investing in a mobile home park, there are two design ideas to apply your new venture. You may be buying land to develop your mobile home park from scratch, or you may be purchasing an existing park that you are planning to update to elevate the living experience.
Either way, you will want to think of design ideas that make the property as attractive as possible.
If you are in the early stages of your mobile park design, here are some tips that will help you get together a layout that will be appealing to tenants.
Find the Right Property
Your mobile home design starts with finding the right property. You may find a property that’s inexpensive, but remember, you get what you pay for. Therefore, you will want to make sure the property has key characteristics that make people want to live there. Here are a few things to look out for.
- Conveniently located close to shops, restaurants, schools and freeways.
- Close to water lines and city water
- Proper zoning
- Located in an area with employment and growth opportunities
- Make sure the size, shape and topography of the land will allow for your design ideas
Once you know how much you will be paying for the land, it’s time to think about how much of your budget you can devote to upgrades and amenities. Think of which features will be most effective in boosting the desirability of the property and make those a priority.
Design Ideas: the Layout
Now that you have your budget and location worked out, you can come up with a layout. In doing so, you should be aware that there are certain measurements you need to abide by. These are as follows:
- Each home should be at least 1,000 square feet and at least 25 feet wide with clearly defined boundaries.
- Each driveway must be at least 35 feet wide and provide access to a highway or public street.
- There should be at least 15 ft. clearance between homes and there should be at least 15 ft between homes and any other building or structure
- There should be at least 10 ft. between the homes and any property lines
- There should be at least 25 ft. between homes and public streets
Once these boundaries have been established work on creating an attractive layout that provides:
- Suitable parking spaces
- Patios and sidewalks
- Well-constructed roads
- Access to water and power
- Attractive landscaping
- Recreational facilities
Other Mobile Home Park Considerations
When planning your layout, be sure to use your space efficiently. When adding amenities, think of features your tenants will appreciate. For instance, if your park caters to seniors, a rec room will be a nice place for them to gather. If your park caters to families, consider adding parks and pool areas.
A mobile home park is a great investment as it is low maintenance and it provides low cost living for tenants. Make the most out of your park by coming up with a layout your tenants will enjoy. What features do recommend including for boosting the living experience?
Let’s talk more about selling your mobile home park or buying a mobile home park. Go ahead and get in touch with us today.
Call us – Phone: 844-238-0218, or Contact Us via our website